Will's First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 10, 2012

Labor & Delivery with William....

Contractions are terrible. I went ino Tri-age 2 Sunday's before I had him for a head-ache. They informed me that I was having contractions. They went on for about a week and were 30 minutes apart. The week before I had him, they got to about 15 minutes apart and stayed there, but lasted about a minute. Sunday the 15 (which was my little sisters birthday) I started to get a very bad pain in my lower stomach. It was more like terrible cramps, or like having your appendix burst. It was not bad, just irritating. The next day, Monday the 16, started out as a normal day. My Husband and I cleaned the house, then took the dogs for a walk and to the park. They had a great time playing, and I had a great time watching them. Later that night, I started making dinner like I normally would. I asked Jeff to take over, so I could go to the restroom. When I got out, he decided to keep cooking for me, and I helped him. Then at 6:30, I felt like I wet my pants. So I went to the restroom again, to take care of it, and another gush of water came. At that moment I called my mom.  I went upstairs to talk to her in private, and she told me that my water broke. I decided to call Jeff. He was freaking out, he was also on the phone with his mother. He told me to call the hospital, so I did. They told me to come in. I called Jeff back, who was still cooking dinner, and I told him we needed to go to the hospital now. When we got there, they checked to see if  my water really broke. Which it did at 6:30 pm. They told me I was getting admitted, I think the time was about 9pm ish. My room was great. It was huge!!!
They then informed me on how everything worked. Then I filled out a lot of paper work (that I was going to fill out on my appt that Wednesday) with a stupid IV in my hand that someone put in wrong. To this day my hand still hurts me, because someone can not do his job. But anyways, after that it was about 11pm, they told me I was getting checked at midnight. At midnight, they came in to tell me that 5 more people came in and I would be checked soon. I decided to take a nap. At 2am, they finally came in. I was 5cm and -1 and 50%. They asked if I was in pain, and I said no. Everyone took a bet on how far I was. We were all wrong, we guessed 2cm.  So anyways, I got a shot of pain killer when they came in next, I think it was about 5am? They checked me again and I had not moved. They decided to start pitocin (sorry if this is spelt wrong lol.) But that with the pain killer knocked me out. The next time they came in, I asked for an epideral. This was about 7:30 ish. It took him 30 minutes to show up. When he did, I was in soooo much pain. They tried to give me it, and I would not sit still. Will was coming, and I tried to tell them. I told them I needed to push. They said it was in my head, and not to push. It was so hard not pushing. I only got checked once by the way. The nurse asked when I got checked last. She was shocked at what I said. She laid me down, and checked me. She said get the Dr, we are having a baby now. I proced to mumble under my breath, "Did I not just say that?". But anyways, at that point I could feel everything. My pain meds did not kick in until the end. I was puching for 1.5 hours. At 9:56 WIll finally made his way into the world. They said I did great. I did not yell or curse or anything like that. I could not feel my legs by this point. I was glad because now the hard part came, delivering the placenta. This part gave me a 2nd degree rip, because it was stuck. This is very painful. It took almost an hour to get it out and fix me up. I had only seen my son once, and that was when he came out. They informed the Dr that I needed my bonding time, so I would take care of him and love him. He was a perfect baby. I loved him the minute I held him. They were still sewing me up while I was bonding with him. But I did not notice anymore. When they were done, they let me hold him for like an hour. Then they took him to get cleaned, and shots. The rest of the hospital stay was a piece of cake. We stayed in a Mother Baby unit, so he never left my side. He is thee best baby. He never cried. But this was my experience. I hope you evjoy reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment